Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Lifestyle Travel Pty Ltd (company no 2012/010222/07) whose registered office is at Legacy House, 5 Autumn Road, Rivonia, Johannesburg, 2128.
- This competition is only for ‘Poppies’. Sorry guys, that means only ‘gals’ can enter.
- The competition is only open to women who are residents of the Republic of South Africa and who are aged 18 years and over. Any entrant must have a passport which will be valid for at least six months on the date on which the entrant and her travel partner travel.
- This competition is not open to employees or the direct family (spouse, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild and/or sibling) of Lifestyle Travel, Legacy Hotels and Resorts, Rovos Rail, participants and anyone associated with Via Kanaal, Life in a Bulb Productions, Media24 and Multichoice or anyone who is anyway connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Entrants who do not meet all the criteria referred to in the rules and do not follow the steps contemplated in the rules, will be excluded from the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant hereby irrevocably agrees to be bound by the competition rules and terms and conditions. The rules also appear on www.lifestyletravel.travel (“the wesbite”). Lifestyle Travel may at it’s own discretion amend these rules from time to time. Any amendment will be reflected on the website, and will be effective from time of posting to the website.
- Details of how to enter are available on the website.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Sunday 15 July 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility shall be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- To enter the competition:
Watch “Wie’s Jou Poppie” every Wednesday at 18:00 on Via, Channel 147 on DSTV, starting on the 18th of April 2018. After each episode, visit the website to register your name, surname, contact number and email address. A unique password for the profile will be automatically emailed to the entrant. Once your profile is created you will be prompted to answer an easy question pertaining to that particular episode. You will only be required to create one profile and each week after the show has aired, a new question will be available for you to answer. After all 13 episodes have been aired, 10 entrants who have answered all 13 questions correctly, will be chosen by the judges at random by lottery to be finalists. These finalists will then be requested to post a short motivational video on the Lifestyle Travel Facebook Page as to why they and a friend should go on the girl’s trip of a lifetime! The panel of judges shall, at their own discretion, decide on the best video, who shall be the winner of the competition.
- The prize is as follows:
3 Nights/4 Days on board the Luxurious Rovos Rail from Pretoria to Victoria Falls – All meals and selected drinks included
2 Nights’ accommodation at the Kingdom Hotel including Breakfast & Dinner
Pre-selected adventure activities
A one way flight (Cape Town or Johannesburg)
Any other products not specified will be to each individual’s own account. (This includes, but is not limited to, mini-bars, room service, spa treatments and/or any other incidentals incurred at the Kingdom Hotel, Rovos Rail and aircraft)
NOTE: Journey could be done in reverse, subject to Rovos Rail and hotel availability
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are non-transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Lifestyle Travel reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email and telephonically within 28 days of 15 July 2018, being the closing date of the competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Lifestyle Travel reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The prize will need to be taken within 6 months of the winner being notified that she has won the prize.
- Lifestyle Travel’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these rules and terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The winner agrees to the use of her name, image and entry in any publicity material.
- Any personal data disclosed by the winner or any other entrant will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner and the person accompanying the winner on the trip agree to the use of their name, image and entry in any media/publicity footage recorded during their trip as part of a Wie’s jou Poppie EPK to be used on all social media & marketing platforms. Neither the winner nor the person accompanying the winner will have any financial rights or claims resulting from the use of their name and/or image and agree that any footage obtained can be used.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. Each entrant is providing her information solely to Lifestyle Travel and not to any other party.
- Lifestyle Travel will appoint a panel of judges (who may be employees of Lifestyle Travel) to judge the competition and decide on the finalists, and the ultimate winner.
- The judges and Lifestyle Travel‘s decision as to those able to take part in the competition as well as the selection of finalists and a winner is final.
- No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or Regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Should the competition be cancelled, no entrant (including the finalists and winner) will have any claim against Lifestyle Travel for any loss or damage that such entrant may suffer as a direct or indirect result of the cancellation or amendment to the rules of the competition. Any cancellation of the competition or amendment to the rules will appear on the website.
- Any rule applicable to the competition which is illegal, void, or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness or unenforceability, without invalidating the remaining rules which shall apply to the competition